Total Assets (2013): $215,018,834
Total Giving (2013): $18,532,935
Prominent Grants: Primarily focused in New Jersey, Metropolitan New York and Israel. Prominent grant recipients include The Center for Interreligious Understanding, The Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center at Columbia University, and the Bergen Performing Arts Center.
Summary: The Russell Berrie Foundation was created to express the values and passions of Russell Berrie through social investments in innovative ideas designed to:
- Promote the continuity and enrichment of Jewish communal life
- Support advances in medicine focusing on diabetes and humanism in medicine
- Fostering the spirit of religious understanding and pluralism
- Recognizing individuals who have made a significant difference to the lives of others
- Elevating the profession of sales
- Raising the awareness of terrorism and promoting its prevention
To fulfill this vision, Trustees of The Russell Berrie Foundation will be guided by the major themes set forth above, with New Jersey, Metropolitan New York and Israel as the primary geographic focus of grant making.